2017 Insurance and Related:
Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD)Effective January 1, 2017, your Long Term Disability insurance carrier changed to The Hartford.
- See all the Voluntary LTD Hartford Documents HERE
(LTD No Longer in USE, Saved for Historical Value)
Short Term Disability (STD)
- The Standard, Benefits Administrators
More Insurance and Related:
- AA Family Fund
- Union Benefits Planners, Request for Surrender – Standard Disability Plan/TWU
- AA Pre-Retirement Survivor Annuity
- Sick Verification form
- Return to Work Form (Verify the latest form on Jetnet)
- MetLife Short Term Disability (STD) Claim Form
- TWU-Mutual Of Omaha Long Term Disability withdrawal form
- Payroll Authorization Form 2018_ME
- Standard STD Enrollment Form
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Leave of Absence Certification Form
- Dated 7-30-2015
- Instruction Sheet
- Employee Information
- Q & A
- Section A – Completed by the Employee
- Section B – Completed by the Patient’s Health Care Provider
- Dated 7-30-2015
- Continental American Insurance – Critical Illness Claim Form
The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- Lincoln Supplemental Term Life Insurance – Summary of Benefits
- Lincoln Term Life Policy
- Lincoln Term Life Claim Form
- Lincoln WELLNESS BENEFIT CLAIM FORM
- Lincoln CRITICAL ILLNESS CLAIM FORM
- Lincoln Critical Illness Insurance Plan – Coverage Summary
- Lincoln Accident Policy
- Lincoln Extension of Death Benefits Application
- All forms offered for Lincoln are online HERE
Transfer Eligibility Waiver Form Procedures
- Complete all information beside block 1.
- Forward form to your Local President.
Local President’s Responsibility:
1. Verify that the Employee has completed his portion of the form.
2. Contact local employee relations and verify if the location has the potential of exhausting the transfer list and plans to hire off of the street.
3. Complete block 2.
4. If Local President agrees – Forward form to the TWU International AA System Coordinator.
- Fax (817) 282-1906
- Mail to:
Transport Workers Union AA System Coordinator
1791 Hurstview Dr.
Hurst, Texas 76054
- If you email it, it would need to be in PDF format.
AA System Coordinator Responsibility:
- Verify block 1 and 2 are completed.
- Contact the Managing Director of Employee Relations and complete blocks 3 & 4.
- Send the completed form to ATD International, Managing Director of Employee Relations, and each Local affected.
- Update your Contact information online (you must log in)
Union Dues Exoneration & Withdrawal Cards
Article XVII, Section 4(a), [Any member who is prevented by illness, injury, or layoff from earning any wages in a calendar month shall be excused from paying dues for such month and such nonpayment shall not affect his good standing. For the purpose of this paragraph, the word “Wages” shall be construed to include any monetary compensation, totaling seventy-five (75%) percent or more of the member’s regular monthly income from his/her employment, payable to an ill or injured worker under applicable law, and/or pursuant to a collective bargaining agreement. …]
Section 4(b) After 3 consecutive months’ approved exoneration because of lay-off, a laid -off member shall be required to pay his/her dues to retian his/her good standing membership, or to accept an honorary withdrawal card.
Illness or Injury
After twelve consecutive months’ approved exoneration because of illness or injury, any such ill or injured member shall be required to pay his/her dues to retain his/her good standing membership, or t accept an honorary withdrawal card.
A member shall not be considered to be in good standing during any period for which he/she holds an honorary withdrawal card.
BILL LINDNER LETTER, DATED APRIL 16, 1980:
Military Leave of Absence
[… persons on military leave are not entitled to exoneration under Section 6 since they do not fit the category of “being prevented from earning any wages in a calendar month. …”]
[… should be considered as laid-off and therefore would fall under the provisions of Section 6(b). …]
[…nothing prevents any member on longer periods of lay-ff or even military leave from continuing to pay dues in order to maintain good standing with the local for other purposes. …]
Appeals Procedure – Termination of Employment
As a result of American Airlines terminating my employment, the Union has filed an Appeal on my behalf pursuant to the TWU/AA Agreement, Article 30 – Dismissal.
I understand the Company must fully investigate the matter and render a written decision to me no later than twelve (12) days; usually by certified mail. If I am not satisfied with their decision, I will immediately bring their written decision to the TWU, Local 514 office, 11945 East Pine Street for timely submission to the Board of Adjustment.
I further understand that by not submitting my grievance timely to the Union, my right to a hearing could be abrogated.
We regret that we we have to establish a policy but the facts are we have had 2 smokers disappear (stolen) and recently had 1 out for 4 weeks. Therefore In order to reserve and borrow a smoker the members who are in good standing of Local 514 will make there reservation through our Secretary Kathy Green.
You must put up a $150.00 dollar deposits in the form of a Certified check. You will pick the smoker up during our business hours of 7AM until 4PM and sign for the smoker with either Jay Potter or Alan Ball. The smoker must be returned to the hall within 5 days including the day of pick up. You must also sign that you have returned the smoker with Jay or Alan.
If the smoker is not returned within the 5 days a $50.00 dollar a day penalty will be applied and taken from the deposit.
The smokers are for private use only and not to be used for commercial profit. If discover being used for profit your deposits will be forfeited and you will no longer be able to borrow a smoker.
Your Executive Board.
Check Out and Return Form: Smoker Policy and Liability-5-2014
Union Hall Use
Local 514 Union Hall Use and Reservations Policy
When the TWU Hall is not otherwise in use, it may be reserved by Local 514 members only who are in good standing for events such as family reunions, birthday parties, etc., and by organizations that promote the objectives of organized labor; provided, however, that the member must be in good standing and have attended at least two (2) membership meetings within 12 months preceding the event. Only one event will be scheduled during Friday,Saturday or Sundays, except prior to membership or shop stewards meetings when no reservations will be allowed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited!
- RESERVATIONS: Reservations shall be made at the TWU Office.
- WALKTHROUGH: In order to ascertain the Meeting Hall’s condition, the member making the reservation must make arrangements in advance with an Authorized Representative for a walk through to be held on the last business day prior to the event and the first business day following the event. Authorized Representatives for this purpose shall be defined as the president, vice president, financial secretary-treasurer, recording secretary and sergeant at arms
- FEES: A $500 cashier’s check or money order shall be required for deposit. The deposit shall be refunded upon return of the keys, less any charges for repairs, damages, or cleaning, if any. The Meeting Hall must be returned to its original order, i.e., chairs and tables set up, etc.
- KEYS: Keys must be returned by 10:00 AM on the first business day following the event.
- FINAL WALKTHROUGH: The Member is responsible for scheduling the final walk through with the Authorized Representative as defined in 2 above. The final walk through must be done on the first business day following the event to determine cleanliness and the condition of the building. The Member will be responsible for ALL damages and cleanup charges to the building and/or contents, if any.
a) It is prohibited to remove any TWU property from the TWU Hall.
b) No decorations may be used that will mar, deface, delineate, alienate, or otherwise depreciate the value or appearance of the property. Decorations may only be hung using “painters tape”. No thumb tacks or push pins may be used. No decorations may be attached to ceiling panels. (the ceiling panels are brittle.) No pictures will be removed from the walls.
c) No standing on chairs is allowed.
d) Thermostats will be maintained at 68 degrees.
e) Soft drinks in the pop box are free during union meetings only. (Lock on pop box)
f) Telephones are for local calls only.
Emergency phone numbers are posted in the Hall area.
Use of the TWU Hall is a privilege and the responsibility for its care and maintenance belong to all of us. The member making this reservations is responsible for returning the TWU Hall to its condition at the time the key is issued, including table and chair arrangement and cleanliness.
Death of an Employee
Shipment of Human Remains
Americans Airlines Policy :(From Jetnet 6-23-2017)
We understand how painful losing a loved one is and we want to respect the wishes of travelers and employees who wish to carry or transport crematory remains as part of their carry-on luggage.
Employees, retirees or eligible family members are allowed to carry on a crematory container provided Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening and the laws of the country of destination (if applicable) can be met. This does apply to international employees; however, charges are only waived on American’s portion of the transport in cases where interline travel is required.
The company also provides confirmed space for the shipment of an employee’s, retiree’s or eligible family member’s remains between cities on the American Airlines system. At this time, American Eagle is unable to accommodate the shipment of remains. For additional information, you may contact TLC@aa.com.
You will need to contact the funeral home or mortuary to make the arrangements. They will need your employee number, station/branch and your relation to the deceased. The funeral home will contact our Cargo Department to make the arrangements.
Any additional charges will be the responsibility of the next-of-kin or estate. The company is unable to secure courtesy shipment of remains on other airlines.
• Your spouse or DP or RC
• Your children or stepchildren (including children of your spouse/DP)
• Your daughter/son-in-law
• Your parents/stepparents/parents-in-law (parents of spouse/DP)
• Your sister/stepsister/sister-in-law
• Your brother/stepbrother/brother-in-law
• Your grandparents (including those of our spouse/DP)
• Your grandchildren (including those of your spouse/DP)